LoPresti Hanger Talks

Anyone going to the LoPresti Clinic (ignition, Mags, plugs & Wires) this Sat, 7 Jan in Vero?

Frank.

Comments

• Yes. From SFB.
  • Tony, Adam and I will see you there. Looking forward to actually meeting a POS member.

Frank.
  • I'll have the Blue and White Lance.
  • White over blue Archer.

Frank.
  • I have 5 open seats if anyone wants to hitch a ride from Sanford, FL (SFB) at 8am tomorrow.
  • I have to work but you guys please fill us in.
  • Tony, once again, nice meeting you. John, pretty good hanger talk on Autolite plugs, both massive and fine wire. Basic difference between the Champs and Autolites is that the Autolites are almost totally produced by robotics whereas the Champions have more human interaction. According to the Autolite guy, his product is marginally better (I would not expect him to say anything else) but he acknowledged that you would probably not see a difference (other than the color of the fine wires case) between brands (the Champs do look nicer with the gold finish). Giveaway bags contained a quality T-shirt (XL) with the Autolite Fine Wire nose art gal on the back, some usuable literature, a couple of nose art gal meatballs, and one or two other goodies. All-in-all a worthwhile trip. Oh yeah, got to see the Boom Beam lights...now I got to have one.

Frank.
  • Guess who's planes made the LoPresti Speed Merchants Event - FIRST SATURDAY - Success" email????
    http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs091/1101028821292/img/64.jpg?a=1101181497524
    Frank's plane is the first one.
    Mine is the second plane.
    Great looking set of Pipers. :-)
  • Yeah, I noticed that. I guess quality shows.

Frank.
  • Anon,
    I thought you had the only 'one off' STC for training wheels. :-)
  • Leigh, you have no idea how close you really are.

Frank.
  • Nice looking plane Frank! LOVE that paint!
  • Never the less.... The paint looks good to me, Hey Frank: is that the scheme from a newer model?
  • Marty - It is basically the paint scheme of the 2004 'Togas that we tweaked a little bit. I still get people walking around it gawking when I stop at local GA's. Had a Vero Piper salesman pass me by one time on a taxiway and ask if the plane was new because he could not remember the tail number from the plant. Interior has been pretty much redone also. Paint was from Florida Aero Paint in Lantana (LNA) by Al Lopez (whose 3 paint hangers blew away in Hurricane Wilma). Al is not cheap, but his paint jobs are consistently "10's" and he is one of the nicest "plane" guys I've ever run across. He will continue to touch up his jobs forever if you get some nicks and such. I really hope he gets it all back together again.

Frank.
  • Nice looking plane! thanks for all the great info.

I hope mine gets a paint job like that someday! Still on original paint