LoPresti Hanger talks

LoPresti hanger talks next Sat, 9AM, Vero. Topics include fuel systems, carbs, etc. Anyone going?

Frank

Comments

• See ya there Tony. BTW, did you go to the first hanger talk, the one about engine baffles and such? If so, I need to pick your brain (so to speak).

Frank.
  • Sorry Frank, I did not get to that one.
  • Just noticed that Vero has 3 VOR ground check points. As SFB does not have any, these monthly fly-ins will be a good time to do the VOR check each month.
  • Well, I looked at the weather this morning and decided that it was not a day for 'optional' flying here in Orlando. I have scheduled next month.
  • Tony, we went. It was OK coming north from West Palm. Returning was quite another story. Ii was banging and cracking when we were ready to leave. We hung around, had lunch, toured New Piper and then flew in actual the entire trip back. Base was at 500' and we never found the top. I think we were the only ones to fly in although there were about 20 guests there. Pretty good talk from Chevron - bottom line was 100ll is gonna be around for a long time (so they say). Also good presentation on the Challenger K&N air filters (which we have in our Archer). Also, Challenger is coming out with a nondisposable element oil filter that goes inside a 6061 alum filter container tapped for draining. They claim you can go at least an extra 25 hours on the oil before changing and the element is easily washable and lasts forever. Down side is projected price to be $195 or so. Adam won one of the door prizes and now has a large wind sock to put up in his back yard.

New Piper is apparently doing a lot of testing on deicing systems (weeping wing) on a Saratoga that we saw and there were several other test planes there with various probes duct taped to the outside and leading to computers on the inside. No one there to talk to, however, about what they are up to.

Frank.