Washington Island Fish Boil

Just wanted to share a pleasant experience we had last Saturday attending the Washington Island, Wisconsin, Lion's Club Fly-In & Fish Boil.

The island is located just off the northern tip of the Door Peninsula, about 75 nm north of Green Bay, and has a 2200' grass strip, well maintained.

It just so happens it was one of the hottest days in years, with inland temperatures exceeding 100F. The island was probably one of the coolest spots to be on Saturday, which no doubt contributed to the huge turnout. LOTS of airplanes! Good food & excellent company.

Kathie, I don't know if you have ever attended, but you might want to consider for next year. It would be an easy hop for you coming down from the north. (BTW, while I've been to Moncton & Fredericton years ago on business, I flew in commercially, so can't provide any useful advice on your thread).

Randy

Comments

• Door County is a neat place to spend a day. All the way up from Green Bay are little bar and grills, antique shops, and lots of artsy craftsy stores. Some great shops at the terminus at the lake also (can't remember the name of the town). Plan on a solid day.

Frank.
  • Kathie:

We happened to stop for a night in Grand Marias (driving) two summers ago and had a great pizza & microbrew at Sven & Ollies.

Will definitely make a note of the grass strip & maybe make a Madeline Island stop on the way.

Randy