Branson, MO

Flew into Taney County airport (KPLK) on 4/27/2007. The airport is located just 2 miles south of Branson and there is an Avis service in the terminal. FBO personnel was very nice and knowledgable. Requests were handled promtly and correctly.

Getting into KPLK's 3700 foot runway we felt like approaching and aircraft carrier. The terrain drops of steeply on both ends of the runway.

Branson is busting at the seems with construction going on everywhere. This town is really expanding. It is a very family friendly place with tons of things to do. From shows to themeparks or museums, I can highly recommend it for a long weekend trip. If you are fishing make sure to check out the Bass Pro shop located at the Branson landing. You can testdrive selected boats on the river.

Feel free to contact me via email if you are interested in more details.

H.-P.

Comments

• Wow. That picture taken from the rear deck of your cabin is absolutely beautiful. Are you into photography? some of your pictures are fantastic. What kind of camera are you using?
  • Flygirl, thanks for the info. Your pictures have inspired me to keep better photo records of my journeys. I know you get a lot of satisfaction looking back in your scrapbooks.
  • Hello flygirl,

How about the expansion of the Branson airport. I could not tell from the pictures. Have you seen them working at KPLK? As far as I know the grand opening of the new airport is planned in May 2009.

H.-P.
  • H.-P.

A new airport is being constructed at Branson about 5 to 8 miles southeast of KPLK.
  • Here is the link to the new airport.

http://www.flybranson.com/

And yet another excuse to fly to Branson and to use that timeshare.

H.-P.
  • Brian,

I don't think so, there is just so much to do and see for the whole family. Just check out the Branson website.

BTW there will be a great airshow coming up first part of May.

H.-P.