European Piper summer fly in

hi,

Last weekend I meet Alex, a German PA-28-180 owner and his airplane at a danish airshow (K&Z rally in Stauning).

We discussed an ideas with a Piper get together somewhere in Europe sometime during may-september 2008.

Is there are anywone in this forum that are interested, and have proposals, it would be great to arrange and enjoy such an event.

I could be a stand allone projet, or a subset of an other event like Tannkosh.

Please give your comments

Regards
Paul Harrison
OY-BBR

Comments

• Hi,

I'm definatly interested in a european piper fly-in.
    Portugal seems a bit far for the northern europeans, but France is in reach of most of us I guess. France is very pilot friendly and has hundreds of bigger and smaller airfields. I'm a member of the Domme Sarlat aeroclub ( LFDS) in France which is hosting yearly fly-ins for several clubs. Other suggestions are most welcome. Keep me updated on the progress, and if I can be of any help please let me know.

Greetz
  • axel,

I did not have a particular field in mind. The aeroclub I'm member of is the Domme Sarlat club based at Domme Sarlat aerodrome. LFDS. This is in south western france 130nm east of Bordeaux near the banks of the river Dordogne. Absolutely beautiful over there. quiet airspace, no major airports in the vicinity. Nice places to fly from there. Rocomadour, Millau bridge, vulcanos at the massif central, everything in an hours flight. The aerodrome is hosting some venues and has camping grounds. I have a car parked over there for convenience whenever I'm over there. But again I'm open for any suggestions and will attend a piper venue wherever it will be held, within reasonable distance from the Netherlands.'
    Always willing to assist with the organisation if needed.

Greetz
  • To all repliers in this thread.

Would it be an idea to have a small get together somewhere on neutral territory at the end of the summer holidays, to discuss a possible bigger event in 2008. I do not think we will get anywhere by posting in this thread. We need a couple of people who are willing take the lead in organizing.
    I have no problem volunteering for this, and also willing to organize the get together.
    Who is volunteering to take this to the next level??
    Regards