Phoenix

I'm headed to Phoenix for a family thing (parents' 50th) the first week of January. Flying commercial, but would like to treat my brothers to an airplane ride once there. Any recommendations re: FBOs with rental craft (Pipers preferred of course!) would be gratefully received.

thanks
Kathie

Comments

• Do a search on Scottsdale (probably a little costly) and Glendale, AZ.

Try AOPA airport information or AirNav. Should be able to find several FBO's. Good Luck.
  • Thanks, everyone, and especially Walt. I flew a Warrior at Chandler last Saturday, it was marvellous!

I got there a bit early for my 10:30 checkout, and they gave me a different instructor who happened to be there and not booked, to keep me from waiting. They were efficient and friendly, Justin the CFI was highly competent, alert, and personable. I appreciated that he showed me more than a usual checkout - several times he asked if I'd been taught something, and proceeded to show me. Their school does far more than teach to the PTS, he referred to having students come from several other schools in the valley who didn't know this or that procedure.

Then three short flights with the relatives, Mom and two brothers, one sister, two sisters-in-law, and three kids. I'd assigned a sister to plan the combinations to total 500 pounds, each new group met me on the ramp when I taxied up. Total of 3 hrs of flying, it was fantastic. The brothers and Mom got to fly the plane at 3500, they were thrilled. All want to start flight training, even my 70 year old mom!

Flying over saguaro desert at 500 feet is a great memory, as was taxiing around a tumbleweed on taxiway N.