Want to Stay in Colorado for cheap read this

Hello all: I am offering our home in Colorado for rent to pilots. We have a great place in Ridway Co. exaclty 1/2 between Ridgway and Ouray. Elevation is about 7950, very nice year round. You fly into Montrose Co (MTJ) Black Canyon FBO, Excellent folks and they will take very good care of you. You can arrange to have a rental when you arrive, call the FBO 10 minutes out and they will have it on the ramp when you pull up.

The house is on 3.5 acres, creek runs around the property, 1485 sq feet, 2 bed 2 full bath, hot tub, BBQ, everything you need to chill out and enjoy nature. Rates are $400/week, you have to clean the place up when your done, wash sheets etc., replace what you use, in other words treat it as though it were your home. It takes my wife and I about 45 minutes to clean it up when we go.

We are not in the rental biz we just thought it might be good to see how this works, reason we are renting to aircraft owners/pilots is they tend to be more honest than most, exceptions no doubt.

We are up at the house very 4th for about 7-10 days so that time is ours.

Richard
Dakota 2149T

Comments

• Dave,
    Montrose is the low way in and mountains should not be a worry for you. It is my intention to fly into Montrose on my way to Gunnison,any other way and your dealing with the BIG mountains.
  • Tell her that there are realy good deals on jewlery in Montrose.
  • My home base is Albuquerque (KAEG Double Eagle) and you won't have any issues with your 180 here that's what I fly. Following I-40 is a no brainer but you may want to take the route near Hobbs NM to get into ALBQ.That is the route I will be using to flt to San Antonio next month.
  • One route I use when clouds are on the moutains is the gap through Ridgway, then it is a 5 minute run up the Valley to Montrose. We at the place now, good stuff, hope you all can use the place,hate for it to sit. Kind of like a plane, don't use them and stuff starts to go wrong.
  • May want to use it next year some time. I also fly a Cherokee 180. Out of Georgia. Getting some time in high performance planes and hopefully will be able to fly 170kts instead of 120 on these long trips.