I just Bought a 1974 PA28R-200 - Hanger Find

13»

Comments

• edited February 2020

Looking good! I did the same thing last week from Electroair.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Looks Great Scott! I haven't got a chance to start mine yet with the Push Button, but can't wait. Should be finished this week.

Brad Goodbread
    Okeechobee, FL KOBE

• I've now got about 5 hours on it up at 10k feet. Smooth, easy starting and about 1 gph lower fuel burn so far.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I'll preface my questions with the statements "Locks only keep honest people out.", and "It would be extremely easy to hot-wire any of our aircraft." With that being said, I have a couple questions;

1. With the keyswitch removed, what security does your aircraft have to prevent someone from starting the engine without the key?
    2. Is the push-button start integrated with a key FOB or an NFC (near field communication) device?

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Hi, no keyswitch. Only door key. However, twins don't have keyswitches. and on number 2 above, no.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Never owned a twin, so I wasn't aware about the "no keyswitch". Thank you Scott.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• I am curious how your push button starter works. Do you flip both switches to ON and then push start? For run up do you turn each to off as you would R/L mag checks in a keyed system?

• BillCampbell - I just picked my Plane up today and it works Perfectly! I Love It! And Yes, You turn ON the Mags by pressing the 2 Rocker Switches to UP Position. And Yes, You turn each one OFF then ON during your Mag Check during your Run-Up. Works Great!

Brad Goodbread
    Okeechobee, FL KOBE

• I concur. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• UPDATE:

As some of you may remember, I found my Arrow three years ago, sitting in a Hangar after a 10 year Nap. It was a $10,000 purchase and the I have never looked back and regretted it once. I put her in for a new Panel/Avionics Upgrade with the following Equipment:

Garmin GNS 750 xi

Garmin GNC 255 Radio

Dual Garmin GI 275 (Synthetic Vision Enabled) with GMU 11 ADAHRS

Garmin 345 Transponder

Garmin 345 Audio Panel

Garmin GFC 500 3 Axis Auto Pilot

JPI 900 Engine Monitor

Flat Card Compass

Panel Powder Coated in Midnight Blue

"Factory Equipped with Piper Aire" added to Panel

Well, she has been in the Avionics shop for 6 Month and 1 Day and I finally got to pick her up yesterday and here is the end result:

The plane ran out of Annual while in the Avionics Shop, so she got a Fresh Annual and had the Piper Aire Air Conditioning System Serviced and she blows Ice Cold! Flew from Fort Pierce to Florida Keys Airport in Marathon for a Test Flight and all is well.

Brad Goodbread
    Okeechobee, FL KOBE

• Grand Total spent including Purchase Price ($10,000) is $130,164.21. Half of that total is all Avionics. I have put 90 hours on her since purchase. I also just installed all new Carpet with Insulite backing from SCS Interiors as well as Used (but new to me) Seats & Side Panels that I purchased off the Piper Forum from a Member 3 years ago for $600. It looks MUCH MUCH MUCH Nicer. I will post pics later. The old original carpet was absolutely Disgusting and the Original Side Panels just fell apart in my hands when I took them down - how am I going to live without 4 Ashtrays in a Piper Arrow!!!!!!

Brad Goodbread
    Okeechobee, FL KOBE

• Gosh, what a story. And your plane is now probably worth $150k!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!