New Member from Scotland

I’ve just signed up, looking forward to learning a lot on here. I’ve had a ppl for 20 years, trained in beautiful Florida and been back over to the US a few times for flying holidays. I rent an Archer III from a small airfield near Edinburgh and fly for a low cost airline on the A320. If anyone has any questions on flying in the UK I am happy to try and help.

Comments

• Greetings! I once visited the Edinburgh area and I can imagine the wonderful scenery you can fly over like castles on the seacoast, and the Loch Ness monster! Enjoy the Archer III and maybe send some photos when you can :)

Jim Torley
    CFI-A/I/G
    1969 Arrow 200
    Based at KFLY (Colorado Springs, CO)

• Beautiful plane! Welcome and thanks for joining. If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Welcome, Our son lived in Edinburgh while getting his Masters at the university. We visited twice and enjoyed touring, Arthur's Seat, the castle, Inverness, Isle of Sky, Loch Ness, etc. We really enjoyed the beauty. We hope to return when finishes his doctorate. If you trained in Florida you may have likely visited SSI, our home town, and had barbecue at Southern Soul.
    TMcC

• I have an Archer II and love it.
    TMcC

• Welcome! Beautiful airplane!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Welcome
    Beautiful airplane

PA-31
    KHIO
    Garmin Everything

• I also have been to Edinburgh. Loved the castle! Welcome aboard. But the real question is - do you wear a kilt when you fly??

• No kilt - actually I am from England originally so no skirt for me!

Here are a few shots flying on the west coast of Scotland, over Oban and on Mull - it is very pretty there, no controlled airspace and little traffic.

• Thanks for the pics! :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!