New Archer owner & student

New '74 Archer owner here and low-time student- bought an 1100 hr. hangar queen that's all original except for some panel upgrades. Working on some strut issues and some other squawks as well as learning to fly it so I can call it mine. I'm very mechanical and will be trying to do most all allowable maintenance and upgrades time, tools & facilities permitting.

'74 Archer- New Owner, old 120hr. Student pilot. Self-taught gearhead

Comments

• Looking great! Congrats and welcome! You will not regret it, Pipers are forgiving and fun to fly.

Always admire people who have a good handle on things mechanical. I am hopeless. Can check oil, that’s about it! :D

Karol Zadora
    PA28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
    Seattle Area

• edited October 2021

Hi and thanks for posting the pic. I was looking at your new baby and I think it's a Cherokee 180, not an Archer. I don't think Archers existed in 1974. The Cherokee 180 is a PA-28-180 and the Archer is a PA-28-181. What does your log book say?
    Anyway, beautiful plane!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• no it's a first year Archer- see name on fuselage. Still has hershey's but stretch cabin and rounded windows.

'74 Archer- New Owner, old 120hr. Student pilot. Self-taught gearhead

• Excellent! Nicely done.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Beautiful! Maybe post a pic of your panel? New “Archers” are over $300,000 if you can believe that. Keep it forever! Capable and easy on the wallet.
  • Beautiful plane! Wow, only 1,100 hrs on a '74, that's unheard of!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Nice Archer I! My flying club has one and I flew it for about 100 hrs before I was able to buy an Archer II. The two fly almost the same except for the little bit more float on the II. Enjoy it, you actually have a more rare Archer!

Greg Arserio | PP-ASEL-Instrument | N8390C 1976 Archer II | Rochester, NY (Based at KSDC)