Finally a Hello

Its taken me a while to say hello. I’ve been a member for several years, but here is what I fly. A 1980 Turbo Arrow IV that i have spent a princely sum on refurbishing and updating to 21st Century standards

John O’Leary
Turbo Arrow IV (KRKP)
CFI CFII CFIMEI (Gold Seal), ATP(MEL)
Wright Bros. Master Pilot

Comments

• Oooo, nice John! The Lopresti cowl with cowl flap. Fantastico! What's she cruise at around 10k feet? Do you have other speed mods on her? I love the G500 autopilot. We're all envious, nicely done Amigo!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks Scott! Its the same plane I brought to KRAC in July that you saw. TAS at 10K is about 153 kts. I think. Its been a while since i have been at 10k. Yes, the previous owners put flap and aileron gap seals and landing gear spats on the aircraft. I need to get a new interior and i want to do a flat panel with the Garmin G3X do everything flat panel.

John O’Leary
    Turbo Arrow IV (KRKP)

• edited November 2021

John! Of course! I'm sorry I missed the connection. :) So here's some history for you since you were at Racine. Wisconsin is the home of Jimmy Doolittle. A fellow from Seattle, WA sent me some photos taken at Racine in 1930. I scanned the photos and have attached the photo scan to this post. There are two pics of Jimmy Doolittle's Lockheed Vega. He's standing in one of those pics! :) Way cool!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Wow! I did not know that. I read his Autobiography and I am convinced he was the best pilot that ever lived. I would say Bob Hoover was a close second.

John O’Leary
    Turbo Arrow IV (KRKP)

• Those pics came in today's mail, quite a surprise. Now I have to figure out something really cool to do with them.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Maybe bequeath them to the airport.

John O’Leary
    Turbo Arrow IV (KRKP)

• Good idea, John. :) I'll give that some thought.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!