Glove box insert for panel

With the changes to our panel we are going to have an extra space that needs to be filled. We already have a small glove box but I guess we can either get another glove box or a bigger one or whatever. Seems like a better option than just putting a cover over the hole given how usable space seems to be a premium.

Does anybody know of a vendor that makes something for this. Would really like something with a USB port - We found something that I think is made for helicopters but they have a 28v system or something like that so it won’t work.

Ideas??? I guess we could have one fabricated if there is no such product made for this kind of thing which I would assume would be because of the randomness of sizes needed

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Hi, It would be fairly easy to fabricate one out of aluminum. I would also suggest mounting it in a way you can pull it out entirely with only forward facing fasteners. This will give an easy access point for avionics, etc behind the panel.

What dimensions did you have in mind?

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Thanks - that is a good point. I did not know if it would be hard or time consuming to do. My buddy is going out there today and I will have him get the measurements. I don’t know what they have in mind
  • Hi, I found a company that makes something similar to what I was thinking. They also have USB powered options too. You could remove this by removing the four front side screws

https://jupiteravionics.com/productglovebox.php

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• edited November 2021
    Thanks - that is the vendor that we had found - I think all of their products are 28v and I think we need 12v if that sounds right for 1961 Cherokee. I think we are going to have one made so that it fits the spot
  • I would suggest making it similar to this out of Al sheet

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Now I want a bigger panel do I can get one of these!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!