New Archer II Owner

Welcome N8390C! I just picked up a really nice 1976 Archer II with 1,350 TTSN. It is in excellent condition, although interior is dated, but original. I’m about to upgrade the panel with a full Garmin stack, A/P , ADSB in/out and set of GI275s. Check out the pics… in the meantime, enjoy the flashback and blue/mint green interior!

![]

Greg Arserio | PP-ASEL-Instrument | N8390C 1976 Archer II | Rochester, NY (Based at KSDC)

Comments

• Nice plane. I just upgraded my 1977 Archer panel with full Garmin similar to what your looking at. Any questions, feel free to ask.

• The panel plastic is in amazing shape. Keep us updated on your upgrades. What path are you going for ADSB?

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• She's a bute!

• All disassembled and being prepped for GI275/ADI/HSI/EIS, GFC500, GTN650xi, GMA345, GTX345, GNC255. Tanks came out for digital fuel senders. Bogert Cu cables, battery box and a new Skytec starter. All coax being replaced, new antennas and a new voltage reg to clean up any radio noise. Vacuum gone along with a lot of other dead weight in the old gauges.

Another round of pics in 3 wks as it starts coming together…

Greg Arserio | PP-ASEL-Instrument | N8390C 1976 Archer II | Rochester, NY (Based at KSDC)

• Your wing looks brand new!

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Wow, looking great! Think of what your useful load will be with all of that stuff yanked out! lol :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Finally got my bird back from the avionics upgrade…. The whole thing was held up by a 3mo delivery push out of the GTN650xi, but after 5 total months in the shop, it was worth the wait. The shop rewired the entire avionics system, including all antenna coax, and battery connections, voltage regulator, etc so there is nothing to create radio noise. Everything turned out great, and they even made me powder coated aluminum overlays while the plane was waiting so long. Got my 6HITS in with a safety pilot before needing an IPC in June. I am extremely happy with how everything is working together on a Garmin-only platform. With the GFC500, I am now a system administrator rather than a pilot…. Ha!

• Forgot to mention… I lost 15 pounds and now have a 1,010 Useful load on an Archer II. Not too shabby…. And they did an actual level/weigh rather than calculated, so the numbers are accurate and fresh.

• A+ Greg!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Great looking panel!

• Beautiful!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Very clean panel - thanks for sharing!

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)