Seneca III Annunciator panel

My Annunciator panel cover is extremely heat distorted. My A&P says they are no longer made. Any suggestions on where I can find a replacement or have one made?

Comments

• Found this thread, searching for the same answer. Does anyone have a 2022 lead on a refurbished annunciator panel? Any advice appreciated.

• I have the exact same issue. Thinking of solutions. I have though of heating to a softening point and then flattening but too chicken to try it ;)

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• What does the panel look like? Is it small enough that maybe it could be 3D printed?

• My -161 panel was warped enough that it bothered me. I judiciously used a heat gun and soften one area at a time. Wear cotton gloves and hand form each area individually by pressing the plastic against a flat surface covered with a towel. Hold it until it cools, then move to another area. Mine came out perfect. Just don't try to heat it too quickly. If the plastic sags, you're screwed.

VFRs,
  • djspathis, you would need to print it with two colors of clear material + the black masking layer and it melts as it is close to the incandescent bulbs on the panel. You would think any one light would not be on for long but apparently not!

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• I have one that is in pretty good shape. Let me know if there is still an interest and I will send/post some pics

--mick

• Please post a pic of the panel if you have one. I'm curious if it's similar to the ones used in other other Piper aircraft.

DJ