Jetshades ultrathins -NO

Jetshades UltraThins. 

Don’t bother if you have a 1981 Saratoga or anything like it. I bought the full kit for all windows including windshield and baggage. FIrst of all the baggage windows were missing. Then I realized none of the shades are even close to fitting. All were way to small except the co pilot and pilot side which were several inches too big. I realize and expected to perhaps do some trimming but this is not anywhere close. They sure seemed like they would be great but it is extremely frustrating when a product at this price level is this far off. 

They offered to send oversized panels for all and I can template them or have a mechanic do it. They say it’s easy. Then again they said they are supposed to fit with maybe some trimming. 

Looked promising and maybe other pre cut kits fit but just be aware. They didn’t seem surprised when I called either. 

Unbelievable

Comments

• Hi Ken,

I'm so sorry that you're having this experience with them. Are you going to return the product for a refund or continue trying to make a go of it?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Its going back, no option except for them so send me all new shades that are oversized, then have to spend hours hopefully getting it correct - or going to an authorized dealer and having them do it.

Sad they market them this way - I posted on a FB pa-32 group and I guess I am not the only one disappointed

• I just heard from the folks there and I understand that they've contacted you to discuss the matter. I'm hoping that you get a speedy resolution.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Their option is - return them - so no option other than getting oversized panels and templating them and taking scissors to them, not a good option in my opinion. Just gets me that they sell Pre-cut (maybe some trimming - as there are always variations in inside trim, etc) sunshields - and they are not even close - I mean the side window panels were smaller than my warrior's were don't see how they can continue to sell these - you would think they would at least be interested in templating these planes or something. Their video shows an HP 'Toga - Mine is an SP but the windows should be the same or at least much closer - I honestly thought they sent wrong kit - as I had bought the full set - with baggage windows too - they didnt even have them in the box! and the eyebrow windscreen ones were just no way of fitting even with cutting - and no instructions either.

The lady on the phone was nice and didn't sound surprised. Several people on the Facebook PA-32 page - were not surprised and had similar experiences. sad indeed - would have liked to have these here in FL - as they also reflect heat apparently = but who knows what the truth is when the fitment information was all untrue. They are actually close to my airport but don't seem interested in the business. Shoot, I would fly down there let them template them and we work some deal - or they could come here and do it in my hangar.

Seems like they are wasting money on material, shipping both wats, credit card transaction fees, and customers time... Leads to frustration and this is a small industry... I always wondered why every person in my fly-in does not have these - actually the original ones could not be left - these supposedly you can leave in..

anyway... Rant Over :-)

Thanks !!!

• Not looking to dog-pile on a vendor.

At the same time, for what appears as a significant gap in coverage / product description, I see it as reasonable to expect a supporting vendor to enter the conversation for helping clarify the scenario (if relevant) and to offer assurance that lessons learned were captured (and identify where applicable) in a manner that address the situation and avoids finger-pointing. Put another way, if there is an opportunity to improve, take ownership; if it is a misunderstanding, to make it clear. Sometimes agreeing to disagree is acceptable. End goal is for the community to determine whether the product is a worthwhile purchase and if there is more to the deal than a marketing description.

Silence in this area speaks volumes to me and raises the question of whether we are an important customer base, or merely an advertizing platform for somebody. Just say-in.

• Jacobsja;

Very well said.

NOTAMS about a vendor, regardless whether good or bad, helps us all.

A good statistic for business; If you treat a customer well, they'll tell 4 other people about you. If you treat a customer wrong, they'll tell 11.

Maybe in our electronic world, that should be updated to read: treat a customer wrong, and it will be posted to tens of thousands.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area