July 2022 TSIO-360-FB1 Overhaul quotes, Piper Turbo Arrow III

Hope this helps folks.

Western Skyways $48,325 18+ weeks

Air Power Factory New. $75,785. 25+ weeks

Air Power Factory Rebuilt $72,680. 25+ weeks

AirMark Overhaul $50,800. 20+ weeks

Poplar Grove Overhaul $49,000 (its slightly less and I can't find the paper I wrote it down on.). 20+ weeks

I spoke with Western and Poplar on the phone, both were very informative, helpful and took the time to answer questions, etc. Both offered some "creative" ideas on how to help move things along. Those were specific to my needs and so I'm not posting them here.

I didn't get a chance to speak with Air Power or AirMark on the phone. They had a web tool I used to put in basic information

Comments

• I did 2 engines at airmark. A+ I DID TWO ENGINES AT AIRMOTIVE a+ I just got a new cylinder at poplar A+

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thank you Scott for posting your experiences as well.

• Did a C182 engine exchange with Western Skyways about 17yrs ago. My son is flying the airplane, engine now past TBO and never had a cylinder or any other issue -- I would go with them again,

• Do these quotes reflect a new or O/H turbo?

DJ

• I know the Western Skyways included the turbo.

Don't remember on the others, but suspect yes, given that the turbo is part of that engine package.

• I just wrapped up our O/H through Western Skyways on my 0-540, took 16 weeks.

A+ experience. Great communication and fantastic quality.

Anthony Pellegrini

1966 Piper PA-28-235B Cherokee (N9112W)

KAWO - Arlington WA

• In order to “get in line” do you have to give them your core engine and have a tail dragger or easily serviced nose gear for 18-48 weeks or can you do a swap and be back in the air sooner?

I am asking for a friend, my engine is running great, well when it ran 3 months ago.

Legal disclaimer.

I would never imply my Arrow and its engine, propeller and any part the FAA has erroneously issued an AD on was not the greatest aircraft ever built. My Arrow and its engine and now new radios are the best ever to fly.

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.