tinted window inserts

Does anyone have any experience with tinted window inserts in PA-32? Any experience with G&D Aero in Riverside, CA?
This vendor claims that their inserts reduce heat, glare and noise. Price seems a little steep, but I haven't seen anything else short of window replacement with tinted/UVA windows.

Comments

• Here is the simple, low cost solution to block the sun when it's in the wrong spot, 'Just Plane Shades'.

http://www.stopoverstore.com/product/999/jps-cockpit-window-shades-generic/
  • I went to Home Depot and got a roll of window film. I cut it to size, used the spray on the window and put it in place. Works perfectly, $25.00 :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I’ve done cling tint a few times. Here in the south it would not stay on. Seems that the heat would curl the cut edges and over time it would not stay on.

I’ve actually got a kit made for the plane I got from Plane Tint as Osh, but I have not installed it. I found cracks and had them stop drilled. Now I’m concerned the minor cracks will get worse or cause adhesive problems.

Im now in the boat of just installing new tinted windows instead. But that’s for another year me thinks.

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• OK, good luck. Two years ago I replaced my windows and did two articles on it. I used LPAero double thickness (1/4"). I recommend them highly

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• The kit I have is for the PA32 and I’d be willing to sell it if anyone had interest. It’s been unopened in the orig shipping container.

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• Utra Thins by Jet Shades looks like a good product but holy cow are they expensive. I just saw a youtube video on them.