Fuel pump failure

Good morning guys,

What do you recommend for an electric fuel pump for a PA-28R-200?

My so called brand new Weldon fuel pump just failed on me last Sunday. After the installation during my annual, I only flew for 5 hours.

Comments

• I suggest calling the shop that either OHed it or sold it to you. I had 10 hrs on a Kelly OH when it went up in smoke. They didn’t pay for labor, but they did make it right. Something to do with a capacitor I was told, which was a known issue.

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• The Electric Fuel Pump is kicking the breaker on the panel on my 1974 Arrow, On start up a few days ago I engaged the Electric Fuel pump to prime the fuel system as is customary and the breaker kicked. Reset the breaker and tried again with the same result. I removed the pump and connected it to a 12 Volt car battery to test it, after a couple light taps to the case with a small hammer it would barely turn so it needs to be replaced/rebuilt. I don't know if the pump mis bad or the electric motor, but I am sure that they should both be serviced. Has anyone had any experience with this? The Pump is made by Weldon and has a Piper Part # 481-780.

What was your Final Resolution? I need to get mine repaired/replaced! Is this the same pump/motor as yours? Thanks!!!!

Brad Goodbread
    Okeechobee, FL KOBE