Looking for a Ferry Pilot

Hi there,
I have purchased a Piper Arrow Turbo in Boston and am looking for someone to bring her to Orlando. Any possible leads on pilots is appreciated. Thanks
Warren

Comments

• Hi Warren, when do you need the plane ferried?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Hi, I went up and got the plane so don't need one any more. Thanks -w

• So how's she running? Are you happy? Post some pics when possible. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• She ran great.. She is going in for a new engine next week. Its close to TBO and I am redoing the whole thing.

• Magnificant. Well done! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Nice looking plane! I'm sure it will be even nicer when you're done working on it!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• After you practice doing seats, carpet and side panels I’ll bring my antique down we can have a big redo party.
    Mine is 100% unchanged from 1972.

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

• Resq and wgrasqu;

You'll see similar stories all over this forum. My plane was built in 1977, still had the original milk chocolate brown and black interior trimmed with very handsome peeling plastic chrome, (all circa the Brady bunch era), and original paint. All it needed was orange and brown shag carpeting to induce vomiting.

It's a big task, but also very rewarding. You're both going to love being in, and flying your "new" planes when completed.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• edited January 2022

Ya, I had an Archer, then a Arrow IV and now the Turbo. This one I will keep for sure for a while. The IV I totally redid also... new engine, prop, paint, interior.. etc.. !
    Before

After

• wow wgraasqu The after looks amazing! Great job!

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51
    Retired Miami ATCT/Tracon

• asikora thanks.. was a lot more expensive than I thought.. ended up 40% over budget but I didn't skimp on anything. I was flying my family so it was worth it to me.

• edited January 2022

wgrasqu;

Wow, what a gorgeous transformation!

I'm right in step with you about going over budget, but I feel the same as you regarding purchasing the best parts. The safety of me and my family/passengers is worth it. I justified it by saying "Falling through 8,000 feet is not the time to wish you had spent the extra $100 and bought the upgraded part". I wound up spending 2x what my plane was worth on the rebuild, but it's now essentially a new plane, and I recover a little of the value every time I fly.

Here's a link to my before/after pics;
    https://piperowner.org/talk/discussion/154201/its-amazing-what-a-coat-of-paint-will-do-before-after#latest

I wrote an article in the May 2021 edition of Piper Owner's magazine on replacing interiors. The pics in the article are from my DIY interior replacement. Here's the link; https://piperowner.org/pipers-magazine-may-2021/

Your plane is stunning. Now excuse me while I go get a napkin to wipe the drool off my keyboard.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• wgrasqu, looks stunning :*<3

If I might ask, what did you do engine-wise? Brand new, factory reman…?

Karol Zadora
    PA28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
    Seattle Area

• @kzadora I had my IA redo it himself. He has rebuild alot of them so I trust his work. He did 4 TSIO360s last year so he is doing my latest Turbo arrow as well.

• That's not an engine, it's a work of art!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Is he looking for more customers? For engine building the hands on the engine matter more than the name on the door. Looks fantastic!

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Hey W, DO you have an A&P in the boston area familiar with the arrow that you would recommend?

• Black lab, I have a whole bunch of A&Ps in Boston I WOULDN’T recommend…lol

what kind of Arrow are you looking to have serviced?

Bob