1972 Arrow II owner in the UK - G-BAHS

Hi everyone,

Late last year I purchased G-BAHS, a 1972 PA28R-200. It was a bit of a step up for me previously completing my PPL in a C152 and a few hours in a C172 and less and than an hour in a PA28-140. I instantly loved it from the first demo flight.

It only has 2300 hours on it having been privately owned all its life. Unfortunately the engine was original and had no major work done and at this years annual back in February it as grounded and needed an engine rebuild. I had that done by a shop in the UK (although seeing the cost I wish I opted for a new factory Lycoming one) and its being fitted now.

I have some questions but will search the forum first to see if the answers are already there.

One thing I did want to know. Is anyone able to find out its original N number? It was registered in the US between 1972 and 1974 before being exported to the UK.

Comments

• Great find! You got quite the plane and we're all tipping our hats to you. Regarding the original N-number, can you get us a serial number? That might help.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Hi Scott, it's a great plane even with its fairly standard avionics. The serial number is 28R-7335017 for anyone that could help track down the N-number.

• edited September 2022

Check further and see if you can confirm this registration number: N15147

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I own 28R 7335079. My Googlefu is weak and I cannot find your N Number but ours were likely on the line together.

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

• Scott it looks like you're right. On Jet Photos some mentions that N number

Resq5hvy, is yours in a similar paint color/pattern?

• edited September 2022

No, I am not sure. My Arrow had a gear collapse in Mexico in 1974/75, was fixed in Mexico then again in the US and I believe was repainted in a Bicentennial theme. It is also possible it is stock.

• I think it was N15147 from deeper digging.

• Love the plane, Also based in the UK and own an Arrow II based in EGBE. I have been on a very similar journey…. Apparently some Arrows were built in the UK at one point in time ?! My plane has never been to the US and is on its original reg ……

Ed Powell

• Hi Ed, that's interesting. I thought they were all built in the US. I'm not far from you at EGBK. I actually share a hangar with Almat's 172 whish was based at Coventry until recently.

• I know that plane.. We were in EGBK a few weeks back getting our software updated with Jimmy. I am sure we will be back soon getting the GFC500 software updated. Will let you know when we are in town.

Ed Powell

• That would be good. Would be interested in checking out your Gi275 setup as this is something I've spoken to Jim about. Although like you I've just had a full engine overhaul completed so the avionics budget is gone now!