Comanche 250 owner seeking CFI for checkout near Oklahoma or Indianapolis

My family is purchasing a Comanche 250, and I lack a high-performance endorsement. I live in Oklahoma City, and I hope to find an instructor in the local area for a check-out. The aircraft we are buying is located near Indianapolis, so someone that would be willing to meet me near Indianapolis to help ferry our new plane home and provide a check-out is possible. If you meet any of those criteria, please drop me a line!

Thanks!

Comments

• Thanks. I'm hoping you'll get an answer soon.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Do you have one yet?

My CFII friend checks people out on their flight school Comanche, we live in Columbus, Ohio and our/my Arrow may be flying in a week or two.

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

• EMT

An HP endorsement is the most ridiculous endorsement you need. Its like needed a sign off to eat a Big Mac at McDonalds. Seriously, if you spend more than an hour with a CFI, they are milking you for hours.

Arrange for a CFI to meet you at the pick up point, go burn a few gallons with the CFI, then fly home. I cant stress how ridiculous the endorsement is to get.

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• edited November 2022

Depends on if the insurance company has a requirement

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51
    Retired Miami ATCT/Tracon

• edited December 2022

Nebber mind.