Knots2U Group Buy- Get in Here Piper Owners!

Comments

• Hi Jeff,

The magazine takes months of production to get out the door. This group buy happened in 30 days and was gone; unfortunately not enough time to get in the publishing cycle. We did what we could with Knots2U and by and large it was successful but limited in accessibility. Another good reason to stay on the forums! :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Copy. I was I aware of the lead time. Just wish more members had visibility on it.

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• Roger that! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Echoing that the discount is gone.

All good though as I still got what I needed as Knots2U was the only vendor for one of the items on my list, and the rest was competitively priced.

Perhaps we can turn this into an annual event?

• Need to retract the previous comment about discount as Knots2U IS still honoring the group discount.

I miss-read the invoice as the discount did not appear as a separate line item, and instead was already detailed as the parts' cost. What brought the discount to my attention was that Wendy proactively called and mentioned that she had applied the group discount; and in going back and comparing the invoice to the shopping cart, sure enough, it was applied!

Still about 8% which covers a bit more than shipping :)

• John Bailey of K2U told me that he will have a better way to handle this later this year. I'm planning on seeing him in the autumn to follow up on this. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• My experience is that the discount just about off sets the sales tax, which I will take. Have turned in and received 3 orders since this was deal was announced. Very appreciative of Scott for getting this started.

Ben

• Thanks Ben, later in 2022 I'll see if I can do it again :) There are other vendors out there, too, that we can approach. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I shot off an email to Wendy asking if the GB pricing was still in effect. Yes! in fact is is in full effect. Here is a cut and paste from my email two days ago:

Wendy Gifford w/Knots2U via carrierzone.com 

Jul 28, 2022, 4:00 AM (2 days ago)

to me

Yes as far as I know its still at 8% discount. Please indicate on your

online order my name and that you get this discount

Wendy Gifford

Knots 2U, LTD.

709 Airport Road

Burlington, WI 53105

262-763-5100

• Wendy and everyone is great at k2u! I have to place an order next week.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I just placed another order. 😂

• Forgot to say that I bought some bits and pieces, a little over $6000 worth, and was very happy. Just looking forward to seeing the aircraft as this refurb has taken a little time. At least I missed the really expensive AVGAS. Thanks Scott for organising it.

• 👍👍👍👍👍

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Bought more parts today, discount applied. I spoke with Wendy on the phone and it’s apparent they plan on continuing with the generous 8% on most items discount.

Be sure to let Wendy know in the comments section of the order you are a PoS member and ask for the group buy pricing. Also, if you are a long term customer, ask her to keep your card on file, as they DO NOT normally keep cards on file. Makes it even smoother to order.

• Thank you for the update / tip. Great to hear that the will keep the discount going.

I just bought an Arrow and will probably need some stuff from them soon ;)

• I'm planning on purchasing the whole enchalada from them in September. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Being from New Mexico, I have to ask.

Do you want Red or Green with that super fast "whole enchilada" :)

• I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• Ha! Good one. My whole enchilada is going to consist of the full Knots2U speed kit with the exception of the flap hinge covers, which I think are too big (I'm not an engineer.) Then I'm going to do the LFS laminar flow wing smoothing kit. The two together on my turbo Arrow should produce 10 to 15 mph improvement if you believe both vendors, lol. I'll be doing a big article on my results.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I can't wait to read your article. This part I'm serious. Being a new arrow owner, I'm interested!!!

Maybe it will be a Christmas (in the spirit of Red vs Green) article. Ok that was a punny humor part

• I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• I just today, 23September2022, I tried to get the discount and was denied. The deal has expired.

DISCOUNT IS OVER

Getting all new plastic trim for inside my Arrow.

My AirTex seats are done and look great. I had them done by the airport pro, my shoulder was dislocated, he said they have been the easiest seats he has ever done, everything fit the way it should.

I am stuck at home waiting for UPS to bring me a Garmin G275 that we hope will talk to my King KN155 NAV/COM. After that all they have to do is connect 6-7 thousand wires, all white. I think it will be in the air Monday about lunch time.

I am going to go back to Non-reality Land and enjoy myself in the peaceful affordable world that I live in.

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

• Thanks for your comments, Cheryl! I'm sorry about your shoulder and hope it's back to normal, soon. Regarding being back in the air on Monday: You didn't say which Monday, lol. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I have friends in Marengo, IL who are restoring a B-17 named "Desert Rat" (and we thought restoring our Pipers was a big project). Anytime someone asks "When will it be done?", the answer is "Tuesday." They don't specify which Tuesday. The project has been ongoing for over 30 yrs.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Hey Griff, can we go visit the Desert Rat? Will they allow that?

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I am Dana but my wife Cheryl ordered the parts and defeated the computer system used to register on this sight. She is not the idiot who bought a 50 year old plane, the idiot who did that has a maxed out card. Old plane and Diesel at $6.499 tends to max out a card fast.

I got hurt as a police officer, broke my neck and dislocated my shoulder, they will not reduce a dislocation with an unstable neck fracture. Chickens. Look at my shoulder these days it comes out. I can self reduce but it hurts for a few weeks after I do it. Advice to all you parents out there, don’t let your kids become cops. The city does not care and the citizens want to kill you. I come from a line of over 130 years someone from my family was a cop, it ends with me. Me getting hurt was caught on video but the city said I was not on duty, I just dressed funny and drove a sedan with red and blue lights on top and a badge on the door but I was not on duty.

my Garmin G2 75 just arrived

• My experience is that there is always more than one opinion on matters like this. Let's keep the topic to aviation please.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I am a city employee so it is BWC and I am retired now.

My shoulder popped out once when rotating, pulling my Arrow’s heavy nose off the ground. I was less than happy. I was flying with my trim. I had to let my flight instructor take over. I could drive, trim or set power, only one at a time, unable gear or flaps. Being hard headed I was not going to let a flight go to waist so I sat and he figured out how to fly our new to us plane. I was not having as much fun as he, but it was a lot of fun not being able to power on stall without bring the power back a lot. We learned the gear will fall just like Piper said it will when slow and no power.

I paid a high price to get this plane, lost my medical, had to retire at 24. I spent 20 years at ExJet or NetJets in Dispatch. I had to retire from there when TBI and pain made getting to the office and sitting impossible. Today the TBI has made it so I have great difficulty reading and compression is low. I have an MS from Ohio State University in Aviation Meteorology sub specialized in winter storm forecasting and impact to safety.

Don’t worry, I come from 130 years of cops, I will not fly without a qualified PIC, aside from the speed limit on the rural freeways we always follow the spirit of the law. Today my plane is a sea of wires, that makes sense to few.

• edited September 2022

Scott;

Yes, let's talk and I will be happy to help set up a date for anyone here on the Piper forum (as well as the Cessna/Beech/Mooney/Maule/Cirrus/experimental groups) to visit the B-17 in Marengo, IL.

To say the least, it's a massive undertaking. If I recall, (sorry Covid cast a fog on my memory), it was about 2 yrs ago that fuselage was joined together into one piece. It's the first time the fuselage has been whole in 50-60 yrs.

When Mike bought the plane in 1984 (from a junkyard in Maine), the fuselage had already been chopped into 8 foot pieces and it was headed to the melting pot. The plane had been used for target practice as well as other unspeakable acts that a beautiful warbird should not have endured. Different times...

My understanding is that the plane is now at a point where they will soon will need a larger barn/hangar to continue work.

I've already spoken with Mike, and he's going to give me a couple weekends that we could get a tour. They will most likely be in Nov.

I'll be in contact with you Scott.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Roger that, Griff.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!